47.2 F
New York
Saturday, March 28, 2020

92 Troops Killed in Boko Haram in Deadliest Raid to Date

Must read

It’s Time for the NFL to be Honest with Antonio Brown

On Thursday, Bruce Arians, the coach for NFL team, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, shut down the possibility of Wide Receiver, Antonio Brown, following Tom Brady...

Mali Opposition Leader Soumaila Cisse Kidnapped

Mali opposition leader Soumaila Cisse has been kidnapped and is being been held hostage days before an election. Cisse, along with six members of his...

Does Cuba Have a Cure for Coronavirus?

Cuba may have found a cure for COVID-19. On March 2, the island instituted the Novel Coronavirus Plan for Prevention and Control, which regulates...

Scarface Recovering From COVID-19

Houston rap icon Brad Jordan aka Scarface is recovering from what he called "an experience worst than death." He has tested positive...
Avatar
Ayara Pommellshttps://thehub.news
Ayara Pommells is the Co-Founder of ShineMyCrown.com. She is also a contributor for AFROPUNK and TheHub.News. #BlackGirlMagic pusha. Powered by herbal tea and wax melts.

Boko Haram extremists have killed at least 92 Chadian troops in what is being called the deadliest raid ever.

“We lost 92 of our soldiers, non-commissioned officers and officers,” Chad President Idriss Deby said of the attack overnight on Sunday in Boma. “It’s the first time we have lost so many men.”

Reports say that the attack on soldiers on the Boma peninsula lasted for at least seven hours. The government sent reinforcements in, but they too were hit by the extremists. The incident occurred on Sunday night through Monday, in the village of Boma, which is located in the Lac province near the border with Nigeria and Niger.

“Never in our history have we lost so many men at one time,” Deby said.

Nigeria also suffered an attack at the hands of Boko Haram. There are reports that the extremist group killed as many as 50 in a separate targeted attack in Yobe state in the north of the country.

According to the UN, Boko Haram’s insurgency has killed at least 36,000 people and displaced as many as two million in northeastern Nigeria since it began—although some reports say the number is much closer to 3 million.

In a statement, Nigerian President Mohammadu Buhari condemned the attack and said he was “deeply saddened” over the loss of the troops.

“The Nigerian military suffered some casualties in the unfortunate attack,” a Nigerian army spokesman, Maj. Gen. John Enenche, said Tuesday in a statement released to the press.

Last month at least 30 people were killed in Nigeria’s northeastern Borno region after suspected Boko Haram set fire to several trucks carrying passengers.

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Jamaica Promises Harsh Penalties for Those Who Ignore Quarantine

Jamaican Minister Andrew Holness is warning travelers that stiff penalties could follow if they do not adhere to the country's quarantine order. The Caribbean island...

White House, Senate Reach Historic $2 Trillion Stimulus Package Deal

The White House and Senate leaders have finally reached an agreement in the form of a $2-trillion stimulus package for the U.S. economy to...

This Day in History: March 24th

The "Godmother of the Civil Rights Moment," Dorothy Height Was Born Women and civil...

Nigeria Reports Chloroquine Poisoning after Trump Lauds it as COVID-19 Treatment

Nigeria has reported that three people have overdosed on the anti-malaria drug chloroquine after President Donald Trump tweeted that it was a "cure" for...

12-year-old Atlanta Girl with COVID-19 ‘Fighting for Her Life’

A 12-year-old girl is reportedly "fighting for her life" after she tested positive for coronavirus at a hospital in Atlanta. The girl, who is has...