The far-right terrorist group, Proud Boys, is threatening to boycott an upcoming series about NFL star and activist Colin Kaepernick.
Obviously, since Trump has left office, the extremist faction cannot find a more productive usage of their time.
Kaepernick was forced to beef up his security following the threat to a production shoot on Friday. Once filming for the show has been completed, the upcoming mini-series will debut on Netflix. Two production assistants also claimed that a suspicious phone call was made to the production office.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Proud Boys were founded amid the 2016 presidential election by VICE Media co-founder Gavin McInnes. The group describes themselves as “Western chauvinists” who unwaveringly deny any connection to the racist “alt-right,” — insisting that they are simply “anti-political correctness” and “anti-white guilt” agenda.
Earlier this month, Canada designated the far-right group as a terrorist entity. The country’s Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said the decision was determined by the group’s “pivotal role” in the Jan. 6 riots at the Capitol in Washington, DC.
Jaden Michael stars as the lead in the Ava DuVernay-directed offering, “Colin in Black & White.” Kaepernick narrates the six-part series, which is based on his high school years.
Kaepernick became a worldwide symbol of activism when he took a stand against police brutality and racial injustices by kneeling during the national anthem at several NFL games. Kaepernick left the San Francisco 49ers in 2016. It is widely believed that he was blackballed from the league.
“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Media in 2016 following a game. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”