Family of Astroworld Victim Settles Lawsuit Against Rapper Travis Scott

0 Shares
0
0
0
0
0
0
Listen to this story

A family who filed a lawsuit against rapper Travis Scott and Live Nation following the tragic events at the Astroworld festival last year have settled their lawsuit.

Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing the family, filed a lawsuit in November seeking more than $750 million on behalf of at least 125 victims, including 21-year-old Axel Acosta, whose family reached a confidential settlement.

“The Buzbee Law Firm announced today that the claims brought by the family of Axel Acosta against Travis Scott, Live Nation, and others involved in the Astroworld tragedy have settled,” attorney Tony Buzzbee said in a statement. “The terms are confidential. Victim Axel Acosta was a beloved son, brother, and student. He was kind and loving. He is greatly missed. Please keep his family in your prayers.”

Acosta was a computer science major at Western Washington University. He died of compressive asphyxiation at the Astroworld Festival in NRG Park on Nov. 5, 2021, during a deadly crowd crush.

ABC 13 reports that Scott also settled with the family of Brianna Rodriguez – a 16-year-old from Houston Heights and a member of the Heights High School Redcoats dance team.

Ten people died during the crowd surge. More than 4,900 people have filed legal claims stating they too, were injured in some capacity at the event.

“I am absolutely devastated by what took place last night,” the Houston native said in a statement issued at the time. “My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival. Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life.”

You May Also Like