Concerts and live performances have long been a way for fans to connect with some of their favorite artists. It is typically an enjoyable experience. However, there has been an increase in safety risks. Concert etiquette seems to be dwindling as more people are starting to throw items on stage and in some cases, it has caused injury to the performer. Here are five recent instances of fans going wild and breaking decorum.
- Lil Nas X – The “Old Town Road” artist was performing at Lollapalooza in Sweden when an unusual item was thrown on-stage. The music was temporarily paused as the dancers and Lil Nas X exchanged looks of confusion. The flying object turned out to be a sex toy, which the artist picked up and proceeded to joke about. Fortunately for the fan, Lil Nas X was a good sport about the situation and simply asked: “Who threw they p-ssy on stage?”
- Pink – While performing at BST Hyde Park in London as part of her Summer Carnival tour, the singer Pink was baffled when an item landed on stage. The show paused for a moment as the singer addressed a fan who threw a bag containing their mother’s ashes. The gesture stunned Pink, who picked up the bag and stated, “I don’t know how I feel about this.” Despite the awkward pause, the show resumed with Pink sitting the ashes at the front of the stage as she performed.
- Drake – The rapper Drake may be a magnet for flying objects, as he has had objects thrown at him during two different shows. A video first surfaced of the “Her Loss” rapper being hit with a cell phone during a concert in Chicago. The rapper was not harmed by the incident and the show continued on. However, fans struck again at his show in Detroit. Fans began throwing bras on stage and one person even threw a shoe. Drake joked with the audience about feeling like he was on clean-up duty. Once again, the rapper kept it cool and continued to rock out for his fans despite some of their unruly behavior.
- Bebe Rexha – Pop Singer Bebe Rexha may have gotten the worse of the flying objects as she was hit directly in the face by a cell phone. Rexha was performing in New York City and ended up with stitches and a black eye as a result of the incident. Nicolas Malvagna of Manalapan, NJ, was later charged with assault. Despite suffering an injury, Bebe Rexha has continued her “ Best F*n Night Of My Life Tour,” but now the singer has a new accessory, protective eyewear.
- Sexyy Red – Unlike the other artists mentioned in the list, St. Louis rapper Sexxy Redd was not having it with unruly fans. The “Pound Town” rapper walked off the stage while performing at Lyrical Lemonade’s 2023 Summer Smash festival. The Chicago crowd did not seem to be impressed with Sexyy Red and began throwing objects at the stage while she was performing. The rapper warned the crowd not to throw stuff at her but once she realized scolding the audience would not work, she walked off. Sexyy Red returned the mic and exited the stage, ultimately setting a tone that inappropriate behavior would not be accepted.